Hair loss is one of the consequences of aging. For some, hair loss could be an adverse effect of a certain illness or medication.
There are many options available in Singapore to address hair loss. If you are looking for a permanent solution, why not go for a hair transplant?
For those who are planning to get a hair transplant, this article can help you come up with a more informed decision.
Read on to learn more details about hair transplants and relevant information about the best clinics for hair transplant in Singapore.
WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF HAIR LOSS?
The symptoms of hair loss can vary depending on the underlying cause. Common symptoms include receding hairline, continuous thinning of hair, abrupt loosening of hair, and appearance of bald spots.
WHAT ARE THE CAUSES OF HAIR LOSS IN SINGAPORE?
Hair loss is often caused by the following factors:
- Genetics – Certain hormones in your body can affect your hair follicles negatively.
- Medicinal side effects – Certain drugs used to treat cancer, heart problem, high blood pressure, and depression can lead to hair loss.
- Poor diet – Vitamin and mineral deficiency can cause hair loss
- Stress – Physical and emotional stress can lead to thinning of your hair.
WHAT ARE THE TYPES OF HAIR TRANSPLANT IN SINGAPORE?
- Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT): A strip of skin with hair follicles is taken from the donor area. Hair grafts are then separated and inserted into the target area. This procedure leaves a scar at the site where the strip of skin was taken.
- Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE): Individual hair follicles are harvested from the donor area and transplanted to the hair loss section. This procedure takes longer to perform but leaves no scar and heals faster.
WHAT TYPE OF HAIR TRANSPLANT IS MORE POPULAR IN SINGAPORE?
Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) has become more popular in Singapore and is often requested by hair transplant patients.
WHO IS SUITABLE FOR FOLLICULAR UNIT EXTRACTION (FUE)?
You are a suitable candidate for Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) if you meet the following criteria:
- You have no existing medical condition that may complicate the procedure.
- You have a healthy donor site with viable hair follicles.
- You have healthy blood vessels in the hair loss area.
WHAT ARE THE STEPS OF FUE HAIR TRANSPLANT?
Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) Transplant follows these steps:
- Injection of a local anaesthetic to the harvest area
- Punching of incisions around the hair follicles using a pen-like tool
- Extraction of follicular units
- Preparation of hair grafts for transplant
- Preparation of transplant area
- Insertion of hair grafts in the transplant area
- Cleaning and bandaging of scalp